2014. július 29., kedd

Bits and pieces

To answer questions you didn't ask


I'm not in the desert! If you look at the map of Africa, you can see that only the top third is yellow, the middle is green. Those of you who remember geography classes in high school also know that equatorial climate comes with a significant amount of rain. Here in principle we have two rainy and two dry seasons; and supposedly we are in one of the dry ones currently (until about September). I'm not sure how much it weighs in that we live on the shore of a lake the size of Luxembourg, 1500 meters up. No, not on a mountain. Just above sea level. There are hills and volcanos around here and they are visibly a lot higher.


I haven't quite seen aboriginal animals of any kind. In Uganda, the first week, I've seen a few monkeys, but that's about it. No elephants, no giraffas, no lions. I'm not too upset about it though, I am rather fine with the sight of goats and lizards. Actually the lizards can be considered as aboriginal. They run around on the walls and it's good because they eat the mosquitos and other insects. We had a tiny one in the office for a week. We named him Bobo; he was a very curious kind, running around all day and listening to what we were talking about. It must have been a tad bit boring for him as he left after a week.



The lack of my jungle adventures is due to my reluctance to go to the jungle. In any sense. I'm quite comfy walking or driving to work and back. Sometimes I even make a detour to a shop or a restaurant, and on weekends we often have a BBQ in somebody's garden or just food and drinks in their living room. I don't know if it's going to change with time, but right now I don't feel the utter need to go and see more.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése