2014. július 1., kedd

I drive!



You should see the roads... and the cars...
I drive big white jeeps, with big black Us and Ns on the side. The newer models also have diving pipes on the front left (I have no idea what they are for, but they sure look like they were designed for underwater driving...)
Remember what I said about the potholes on the roads? Now it's still ok, my neck gets sore if I drive for more than half an hour from tying to hold my head in place, but otherwise no problems... but I cannot help thinking about what it will be like when rainy season comes back, and the potholes will be replaced by swimming pools. I have already understood that the long white trousers will be repatriated to Hungary during my first R&R as they are pretty useless here. I am already always dirty from the knee down from climbing in and out of the cars (and from the knee up I'm always bruised from kicking the steering wheel every time I get in the car.)
Important to note that the two paved roads are not lit up either, and pedestrians have no sense of danger and use them instead of the sidewalks. I am in constant state of alert, being worried that I will run over one of them, since I have not noticed their intent to keep on the side or at least to try walking in a single row if they hear or see a car approaching. Even more exciting are the motorbikers. They are the local alternative of public transport and taxi, there are hundreds of them, with their numbers handily painted on their helmets, in case I would want to call them (I don't). They have either never heard of traffic rules, or they consider them as a challenge. They easily come facing me on a one-way road, they take me over from the right AND the left (often one on each side at the same time), they honk instead of looking around. In their defence it needs to be admitted that they always carry a second helmet (also with their numbers on it) for their passenger, but no need to worry, I haven't felt the need to ask for a ride yet.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése