2014. június 27., péntek

The weather



When I arrived, it rained (remember, red mud). I was surprised, is this the rainy season or what? I did my research and rainy season was supposed to end with May.
Then I thought, OK, not too bad, it only rains once a day, usually at night or in the morning.
Then I thought, OK, it IS bad, it starts pouring at six the afternoon, I can't hear my very own and very important thoughts, nor the tv, and I cannot sleep.
Then there was two days when I was downright scared. The rain came with a thunderstorm, lightning and everything, and insulation here isn't exactly what I'm used to.
It hasn't rained since. It's been about a week. First I was content that not all my clothes will be decorated with red mud, and that I was right with my rainy season assumptions. After three days I started noticing that I drink all the time, because I feel like I've been snacking on a handful of (red) dust and didn't manage to swallow it all. Then I started feeling that the touch of my clothes is strange. Especially the ones the boy was drying on the balcony. It became increasingly suspicious when my own skin started feeling like it was dried outside on the balcony. I keep constantly washing my hands, and there is a significant amount of dirt coming off every time. Makes no difference though, besides my clothes it's also my desk, the papers, the mouse having a dusty existence. Please be kind and tactful when you next see me and don't start with „true, you look kinda dirty”. I take showers every day, and that's not easy either.
Otherwise it’s not too hot: 18 degrees in the morning when I get in the car, and not more than 25 the afternoon. But the dust sits nicely in the air.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése